Tuesday, August 6, 2013

GOLF PANTS COLOR SCHEME

Well we officially start school next week but I went into my room today to start setting up. Of course I started with putting paper on my walls. I actually love putting up paper although I don't know why since I am level challenged and I am always having to take out a staple and readjust. That is until last year when my assistant suggested I use push pins to position the paper until it's just right, or in my skewed vision straight enough, and then go crazy with the stapler.
I went with a dark blue and yellow paper scheme. My class is the Bears so on two of my walls I used the colorful bear paws border. Then I guess I was bored with bear paws so I went digging into my large tub full of borders and found a red polka dot border that I thought would rock with the yellow paper and red polka dot letters I have (this is going to be my word wall.) I was having a great time - singing and dancing while I subconsciously congratulated myself on being a designer of the Martha Stewart kind. Oh yea - it's a good thing!
 I was very excited when I finished and was loving the bright colors. That is until I left the room to get some supplies and walked back into the disaster. What happened to my (in my mind only) awesome color scheme? And how did red polka dot border turn into hot pink polka dot border? I swear I heard a thump similar to what Martha sounds like when she faints. Yea, Martha, your job is secure.
Here is my wall. Check it out while you can because tomorrow I have an emergency appointment at the teacher supply store for some new border.
Any suggestions?
Worse than golf pants (no offense, Tiger)

I'll post more pics tomorrow. Ya know, before and after. 
Have any of you ever hated your color scheme? Please post and tell me about it.

Happy decorating!


1 comment:

  1. But look at how nice and straight it is! Changing the boarder is easy at least.
    Black might make the Word Wall one tie into the other more. Not like I have design skills either. ;)

    ReplyDelete