Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Birthday Rocks

Birthday Rocks


Ha ha I just read that title and thought, yea birthdays sure do rock! But I didn't mean that kind of rock- I meant this kind:
For the past 2 years I have given these out as birthday presents to my students. My daughter used these rocks as part of her centerpieces at her reception and I have tons in the garage. Great way to reuse them and I probably have enough till retirement.
All you need are smooth floral rocks (for those of you that are garage-full-of-rocks impaired you can buy a bag for $1 at Dollar Tree), some stickers (these are scrapbook stickers), mod podge and sealant.

I use my thin permanent marker to write "Love, Mrs. Drake and Ms. Lisa" on the back of each rock.
Then place a sticker or two on each rock.
Mod Podge both sides and spray with sealant. 
I have to admit this is very little effort for big time return. My kids LOVE getting to choose their birthday rock and use it as weapons on their friends lovingly save it to show their mom.

If you decide to make some of these send me some pics! I would love to see yours.

Leave me a comment below on how you celebrate your students birthdays.








1 comment: