Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pete The Cat

I bet you all are just like me and my class and just love Pete the Cat and all his adventures. 
Last year for teacher appreciation, one of my awesome talented parents painted a rockin' Pete the Cat and his shoes for our door display. 

Too cute!

My assistant and I decided to save Pete and use him as the main decoration to this year's room. We wanted our classroom theme to be Pete the Cat. But in shopping for bulletin board, borders, and other classroom decorations there are none!
So I decided to make some Pete the Cat bulletin board borders! And I'm happy to share them with you all! You can download the pattern for the shoes, buttons, and shoes and buttons at the end of the instructions.

Completed Border

First gather your supplies: print off the border, your choice of commercial border (I choose this border because it had a center that I could add my border to and the black and white fit my classroom color scheme), scissors, and glue. There are 3 printed borders to choose from: shoes, buttons and combo of shoes and buttons.

Carefully cut out the printed strips along the bold lines. It takes one sheet of printed border per commercial border.
Glue the cut our printed border to the commercial border.
I carefully glued the printed border between the pink lines of my chosen commercial border.
I laminated my completed Pete the Cat borders so they would last through the years (thus the glare- sorry bout that).
The printed border works on plain scalloped border too:

I hope you all enjoyed this post cause "it's all good!"
Download your free Pete the Cat border here.

Pics of the border in use in my classroom coming soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment