Tuesday, July 23, 2013

FREEBIE

To celebrate my new pre-k blog I am excited to offer my first freebie!
Back To School Stepping Chants!



Stepping chants are simple poems that use numbers and gross-motor movement. Simply put, the children have fun jumping on each set of footprints as they recite the simple poem.
Research shows activities that necessitate using both feet help develop the neuron pathways within the brain for reading and mathematics.
The performance of poetry promotes kinesthetic learning through large-motor activities. ESL children learn the English language faster when their whole body is used. This fun, rhyming stepping chant will engage and entertain your students. 
I hope you all enjoy this stepping chant. I use them in my classroom every year and the children love them. 


Print out the chant and then securely tape it to the floor and let the fun begin!

Rock on..........






No comments:

Post a Comment