Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hellooooooo blog world!

Top ten reasons I like summer:

  • 10 - I get to watch all the lady shows like Wendy Williams (How ya doing?) and Ellen (the whole audience is taking home...)
  • 9 - I love the sound of cicadas
  • 8 - leisure lunches with my friends who I don't get to visit with much during the teaching year
  • 7 - shopping! (yea yea I know I can do that during the year but I love it so much I had to list it here)
  • 6-  more energy for my dancing hobbies
  • 5- clean house (achhhhhhhhh my pants are on fire!)
  • 4- lazy mornings staying in pajamas till evening, errr  noon errr 10am!
  • 3- family vacations
  • 2- sleeping late
  • and the number 1 reason I love summer is.......... Having time to make stuff and more stuff for my students and classroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am one with the Velcro. 

The one thing I am most excited about is something I have been mooning over on Pinterest forever - scrapbook paper covered sterlite drawers! You can't see the sides too well but they are covered in yellow striped paper. Check them out!

Like my color scheme for this year? This idea came from Maria at Kinder-Craze. She has detailed step by step instructions on how to make a template. You need to pop on over there and see her awesome blog. 
In all honesty though, I didn't follow her instructions exactly. I used small note pad paper and laid one small piece at far left top part of the drawer and used my fingernail to crease the paper. I cut it out and then used another small piece going left to right and taping the pieces of paper together as I went. It took a lot of trial and error but hey it's summer and I had fun making it.

OK what else I have been un making are some fun math centers. Last year I made this one for color matching. It turned out to be one of the kids favorite choices. 
Crazy Colorful Matching
The kids choose a picture and match it to the correct color card. The real challenge is once they finish matching all the pictures to the correct color card they have to put all the pics back in random order - in other words all the red pics cannot be together. Believe it or not this is a challenge for my kiddos.
Well with the success of this one I have spent some days making several more for math centers. They cover shapes, colors, and numbers 1-10 and can be used all year.

As you can see I made them in 1" folders but you can just use them as math mats.
All the above games are available for your classroom too! Just click on the picture.

Make sure and let me know what your top ten list reasons why you love summer!









No comments:

Post a Comment