Thursday, July 17, 2014

This is simple instructions on how to print on the cutout stationary or accent packs you find at stores from Dollar Tree to teacher supply stores.

I wanted to make a new job chart to go with my bear themed classroom. I had these cute bear cutouts which are easy enough to write on but I have the worst printing of all time and always prefer my computer to print things out.

Supplies:
  • Cutouts
  • Post-It Notes
  • Scissors
  • Computer and printer

First of all take your cutouts and lay them on a letter sized piece of paper. This gives you an idea of how many fit on a page. Two of my bear cutouts fit on a page. I then used Microsoft Word and just kind of guessed where to print the words. This isn't scientific at this stage. Print.

What you need now is just the sticky part of the post it - approximatly 3 or 4 per cutout. These will be the tape that holds the cut out on the paper. Post-it notes work much better than tape as they are easy to remove without damaging your cutout. Lay your cutout on the words and hold both up to light if needed to line it up. Use the post it notes to tape the cutout on the paper making sure not to block the area you want to be printed.


Send this sheet back through your printer and ta-da your cutout has been professionally printed. Here are some of mine completed.

I'm  very happy with them! I will put clear plastic pouches under each one with the children's name in the pouches.

Hope this makes your preparations for the new year easier. Let me know how you used this easy printing method. (yea I'll beg here..............someone talk to me, please!!!)








No comments:

Post a Comment